Development Associate (Part-time)
The part-time Development Associate supports development and fundraising events and activities through donor tracking and acknowledgments; as well as membership recruitment and renewal efforts, bringing new members and visitors to Locust Projects; conducts reporting, analysis, and overall data management—all aimed at sustaining and increasing revenue; other responsibilities include related event coordination as well as managing constituency databases and monthly member communications.
The Development Associate works as part of a team with the Executive Director, the Board of Directors, and staff to support the artist-centric mission and values of Locust Projects, Miami’s longest running alternative art space.
Essential Job Functions
Development and Membership
- Steward member and donor relationships throughout the year with cultivation, benefit fulfillment, outreach and acknowledgement;
- Assist with coordinating member benefit programs; special events and coordination, including event registration and logistics;
- Assist with preparation and production of solicitation materials, membership stewardship, fundraising report presentations, and proposals;
- Maintain and monitor Membership lists, mailings, and mail merges;
- Manage donor administration activities, including drafting donor reports, donor database entry, updates, invitations, thank you notes, and other materials
- Oversee donor acknowledgement protocol – preparation of thank you letters and tax letters;
- Implement and monitor metrics and analysis of online fundraising and constituent mobilization campaigns.
- Coordination of Membership benefit programs and special events, working closely with board;
- Process all gifts and maintain accurate constituent records
- Provide general administrative support to the Executive Director including scheduling, communications, and related board committee meeting support
- Maintain the membership/donor and general database and prepare regular reports for ED.
Communications and Events
- Maintain member and events sections of website and capture content for social media;
- Maintain and update calendar announcements for fundraising and events;
- Work with staff to ensure graphic identity consistency, LP voice and brand in all member and donor and event communications;
- Support and attend LP special events, openings, member programs, and other duties as assigned;
- Prepare presentation materials; coordinate the production of promotional materials; press and social media reach metrics for grants and board reports.
- As a small, lean organization, all team members are required to take on additional responsibilities as they arise;
- General administrative support of Executive Director with an emphasis on development;
- Occasional relief coverage at the front desk.
- Bachelor’s degree in arts administration, non-profit management, development, public relations, communications, or related field preferred.
- Experience with art museum membership programs, special events, or similar museum or cultural institution nonprofit experience required.
- Proficiency in eTapestry or similar CRM donor management system is required
- Excellent communications, organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and execute multiple projects under demanding deadlines required
- Must be self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Strong project management and organization skills.
- Able to effectively and efficiently multitask, set priorities, shift priorities, and adapt to changes.
- Skilled in Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite, and database management software
- Warm, professional, outgoing attitude when dealing with donors and the public.
- Calm and patient demeanor when handling difficult interactions.
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, in English
- Ability to work nights and occasional weekends required
- Flexible work schedule; ability to work remotely on occasion
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with "DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE" in subject line.