Program and Outreach Coordinator
Locust Projects seeks people that enjoy working in a creative environment and have a passion for contemporary art and supporting artists. Locust Projects is an arts incubator producing and presenting exhibitions, programs and projects. Our mission is to CREATE opportunities for visual artists at all career stages, INVITE risk taking and experimentation, ACTIVATE conversations around new art and ideas, and ADVOCATE for artists and creative practices. For more information about Locust Projects go to www.locustprojects.org
The Program and Outreach Coordinator activates conversations around new art and ideas for members and the public through the development, implementation, promotion, and evaluation of programming and oversees and serves as point person on program initiatives including, but not limited to, WaveMaker Grants, Talks (presented in partnership with Oolite Arts), Locust Art Builders (LAB): Summer Art Intensive for Teens, and professional development workshops for artists. This is a full-time position.
Under the general supervision of the Executive Director; works closely with Gallery Manager and Development Director
- Work with staff and exhibiting artists to develop advance schedule of mission-driven programs for members and the public
- Promote programming onsite and online via evites, social media, enews; maintain and update program-related content on website, submit calendar notices to local online and print media, generate and distribute program-related press releases, develop print materials and signage for onsite distribution
- Coordinate program logistics, manage internal and external communications, contracts, booking travel and accommodations, managing registration and ticketing, coordinate with artists, program participants, partners and vendors, oversee program budgets, and process related invoices
- Oversee WaveMaker grants program including but not limited to: overseeing grant application promotion and submission and jurying process; hosting 4-6 information session workshops, award recognition; mid-grant studio visits, mentorship, and communication with grantees; and administration of program budget, evaluations and collection of final reports
- Work with LegalARTLink Director to develop and schedule professional development workshops related to the business of being an artist
- Develop collaborative relationships and partnerships locally and nationally to expand reach and visibility; serve as a liaison to peer organizations on program partnerships and events locally and nationally
- Work collaboratively with staff in defining an organizational voice and accompanying strategies for various levels of audience engagement, including structuring a lively and consistent social media presence related to programs supporting Locust Projects mission, values, and vibe
- Document and evaluate programs including capturing social media metrics and data via online and onsite surveys
- Provide grants writer with program-related content and budgets for grant proposals and reports
- Recruit and supervise interns and volunteers supporting programs, including establishing duties and schedules, providing mentorship, reviews and references
- Represent Locust projects at related community events, national convenings, and participate in other Locust Projects events
- The position requires a bachelor’s degree in a related field
- At least three-years experience specializing in art education, community engagement, arts administration, public programs, cultural programming, and/or creative placemaking.
- Strong understanding of Miami’s local community.
- Social media savvy.
- Must be able to demonstrate good judgement and make informed decisions on maintaining Locust Projects positive image and public perception of Locust Projects and its programs.
- Ability to meet deadlines, oversee timely and efficient program planning, promotion, coordination and completion.
- Highly motivated team player.
- Must be able to function with little supervision.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent writing, communication and organizational skills.
- Strong graphic design sensibility to maintain brand identity and basic proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite highly desired
- Ability to think strategically, to interact and work well with staff and management; to multi-task, to set priorities and organize work responsibilities to ensure completion of assigned tasks within preset timeframes.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with people of diverse cultures, education, social, and economic backgrounds.
- Ability to work in a team-centered environment.
- Strong public speaking and leadership skills
- Audience development, program evaluation, and grant writing experience preferred
- Familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style editorial guidelines preferred
- Weekend and evening hours a few times per month required
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Locust Projects are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
Email your CV/resume and cover letter to email@example.com with PROGRAM AND OUTREACH COORDINATOR as the subject line.